Have you got a pension? Are you saving hard for a rainy day? Saving to send your kids to university or worried you may become “The Bank of Mum and Dad”? What about investments that you already have or money that you may be looking to invest? One of the hardest questions of all is who should I trust with my financial investments? Or how do I choose a Financial Advisor?
A great place to start is to ask family or friends for recommendations. People close to you will have an idea of your circumstances, the type of investments that you are likely to make and most importantly, the personality and ethics of people that you like to associate with. Once you have received these referrals, then do your own research to get a “feel” for what they are like. Websites, Social Media, LinkedIn can all give an indication of whether they are the “right one” for you.
The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) regulates over 56,000 businesses in the financial sector, ensuring that consumers get a fair deal by monitoring business honesty, fairness and integrity. It is advisable to check whether your chosen advisor is registered with the FCA. Once you have selected a business or businesses to contact you may wish to consider the following points amongst others:
- What services are you looking for, pension advice, Savings and Investments or other services.
- Look at the profile of clients the business deals with and the experience the advisor has. Try to align yourself with an appropriate business and advisor.
- Will the business be able to offer you services from the whole of the market or are they tied to certain providers?
- Be very clear on their initial and on-going charges are, before you engage with them.
- Check to see whether the business/advisor is authorised by the FCA
Elliot Fletcher Limited are a Liverpool based team of Independent Financial Advisors who are dedicated to building, preserving and increasing their client’s wealth. They provide impartial, un-biased advice on the wide range of investment options available to you and they will give you the confidence to make the right decisions about your money.
Elliot Fletcher Ltd specialise in the following four areas of Financial Support and Planning:
- Protection Planning For companies and individuals
- Retirement Planning
- Investment Planning
- Employee Benefit Consultancy
If you would like to meet an Elliot Fletcher Retirement Planning expert and have a have a no-obligation consultation with them, then please make contact directly to arrange an appointment,
Telephone – 0151 709 2299
Elliot Fletcher Limited is Authorised & Regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority